Yin Yoga is a gentle form of yoga and consists of postures that are mainly practiced on the floor. It is unique as you are asked to relax into the postures and therefore offers deep access to the body, especially focusing on the hips and spine. Through the long holds of each posture, the practitioner accesses the connective tissues and fascia. This creates flexibility, mobility and energy within the body.
Yin Yoga is very meditative in its approach as the postures are held for 2-5 minutes. Detailed guidance and mindfulness instruction is delivered throughout the class.
Yin Yoga is a wonderful modality to reduce stress, create more energy in the body and learn how to cultivate a relaxed and calm state of being. It is suitable for the beginner to advanced practitioner.
No previous yoga experience is required.
Benefits of a Yin Yoga Practice:
- Calms and balances the mind and body
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Increases circulation
- Improves flexibility and range of motion
- Releases fascia and improves joint mobility
- Teaches us to slow down and be awake to each moment
- Teaches patience and endurance
- Balances the internal organs and improves the flow of chi or prana